Application Engineer (Mechanical and Industrial Engineering)
- Provide application information to IAF sales organization concerning the correct selection and installation of IAF equipment and Aftermarket Products (especially for Will-Fit).
- Recommend the appropriate equipment and aftermarket product for the customer’s application. Compile the necessary data from involved departments, develop custom design modifications to IAF equipment if needed, and recommend appropriate pricing to the IAF sales organization.
- Visit physical job sites of applications (especially special or difficult ones) to assist with analyzing the applications and specifying adequate equipment, Aftermarket Products or corrective actions to resolve the application difficulties.
- Provide documented application information to the IAF sales organization on specific installations and assist in the presentation of the information to the buying company where necessary and appropriate.
- Assist with gathering data on the performance of new and/or existing IAF equipment and Aftermarket Products on interesting or difficult applications.
- Assist in the interpretation of engineering specifications and compile the necessary technical information, quotation, and pricing information to assist the IAF sales organization in responding to requests for quotation.
- Assist in the review of ductwork system designs using industrial ventilation design knowledge and techniques to insure proper operation and performance of IAF Equipment.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative work relationship with engineering, production control, and IAF sales so that a free exchange of product information exists as a basis for effective two-way communications.
- Assist project engineer and/or directly provide installation and commissioning support as assigned by IAF Sales Manager.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth. Analyze and develop methods to differentiate products and services from those of competitors.
- Identify training needs of the IAF Sales organization and distributors and organize/provide training accordingly.
- Perform sales calls to customers and any other duties as assigned by IAF Sales Manager. Participate in trade organizations as appropriate.
- Diploma or Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Civil preferred) or the physical sciences or comparable experience.
- Minimum 2 - 5 years’ experience as Application/Technical Sales Engineer.
- Industrial Air Filtration experience preferred but not a must.
- Some experiences in site installation and commissioning.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in electrical, mathematical, and mechanical functions relating to air pollution control equipment preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written formats. Proven ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of the many diversified manufacturing processes and issues related to air pollution control in those processes will be a plus
- Proficient with CAD software such as AutoCAD, NX and SolidWorks Design Tools will be a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Possess self-directed ability to multi-task and prioritize customer needs
- Self-motivated, good sense of initiative, willing to learn, solution-oriented, able to work in a fast pace environment.
- Able to work under pressure.
Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.comApply